There are several advantages of powder coating over conventional liquid coatings. It weathers well, it resists corrosion, it lasts and a range of colours can be applied. It is also a clean and ‘green’ sustainable process.
- emits zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging
- overspray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating
- production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings
- items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items
- allows a wide range of specialty effects, impossible to achieve with other coating processes.